Re: [linux-audio-user] ripping flash audio

From: carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 05:52:01 EEST

On Sun Mar 25, 2007 at 07:57:12PM -0500, Brian Dunn wrote:
> Hi all. Anyone know of a tool for digging an mp3 out of a .swf? (I've
> just got to put this one home star runner clip on my answering machine.)

there are swf decompilers out there,
but usually (and this goes for .flv too), the flash engin makes a request for the media as a unique file as directed by the swf source, to either retrieve a normal mp3 file, or a file named .swf but which is just mp3. i'd run ngrep on HTTP GETs.

unless you don't have flash. the files are compressed or obfuscated or both..