Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: csound5.05.0 wont compile with alsa1.0.14rc3

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 14:52:13 EEST

Steven Yi wrote:
> Hi Dragan,
>
> I just downloaded alsa-lib-devel 1.0.14rc1 which came in from yum
> upgrade and I got the same issue as you. For a fix, in
> csound/InOut/rtalsa.c, I added this just before the #include of
> csdl.h:
>
> #ifndef _POSIX_C_SOURCE
> #define _POSIX_C_SOURCE 1
> #endif
>
> which got it to compile. As I'm not familiar with the above macro,
> I'll be asking the csound developer's list in a moment if this is the
> correct solution, but this should work for you to get around compiling
> now.
>
> steven

hi steven, that hint helped here too!

i talked to victor lazzarini as i met him at the LAC last weekend, and
he told me that it is not necessary to compile csound with alsa in order
to run csLADSPA, but i feel much more better when csound is compiled
with alsa. i think that is just a 'religious' thing for me.

thanks for the effort and cheers,
doc