Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.2.22 released!

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 31 2007 - 18:26:11 EEST

Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 16:15 +0200, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:
>> On 3/31/07, Petter Sundlöf <petter.sundlof@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> > Though it's not clear by the wording, I interpreted it as them being in
>> > the MIDI tab.

>> AFAIR, qjackctl did not know how to connect jack midi ports yet. I
>> assume Rui only hid the ports wrongly showing up in the audio port
>> list. That does not imply he added jack midi support. Rui ? still
>> there ? are jack midi ports supported or only hidden ?
>
> It did (before 0.2.22). Connecting MIDI ports is identical, API-wise, to
> connecting audio ports. Since QJackCtl didn't know about MIDI ports and
> didn't check the port type, it had no problems with connecting MIDI
> ports.

This silly, new qjackctl release disabling jack midi? With versions
before user could at least connect (non intuitive, yes, but useable
workaround). Why the hell should you remove functionality?!? This does
not promote JACK MIDI, it is against it. Do we want 18 months+ for users
to start using JACK MIDI?

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>