Re: [LAU] Re: Re: Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty -- musicisjustone path

From: Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 06:21:26 EEST

On 4/5/07, Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
> >>
> >> I always understood that JS Bach was fairly well-liked. He made a
> >> living as a musician, unlike 99.99% of the people alive at the time.
> > That was my understanding as well - that is: his music was well liked.
> > In fact, as he aged, he gained quite a reputation around and outside
> > the country.
> >
> And he composed in unequal temperaments, too:

As I understand it there's a great deal of speculation about what
actual tunings he was writing for. I've seen where people "solved"
it. I never found it that compelling, as I am more interested in
non-tempered tunings. I'm glad to know he wasn't using 12-tET, and
often tell people who were misinformed, but that's about where I stop
reading.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com