Re: [LAU] Re: Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty -- musicisjustone path

From: Chuck Martin <dsdhpnw02@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 06:28:47 EEST

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 03:56:41PM +0200, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

> We certainly owe to Bach what we consider musical now.

Not really. As much as I admire Bach's work (he's definitely one of my
favorite classical composers), even the wikipedia article on Bach states
that "he introduced no new forms" of music. Everything he did had been
done before by others.

Ever hear of William Byrd? Byrd was an English composer that lived and
died before Bach was born, and yet when I first heard his music, I was
amazed at the similarities between their music.

Chuck