[LAU] Re: Re: Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty -- musicisjustone path

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 13:06:40 EEST

Chuck Martin escribe:
> Not really. As much as I admire Bach's work (he's definitely one of my
> favorite classical composers), even the wikipedia article on Bach states
> that "he introduced no new forms" of music. Everything he did had been
> done before by others.

Sure, there's Monteverdi, there's Vivaldi, but Bach's merit is not
having done it before, is having pushed it far more forward.

> Ever hear of William Byrd? Byrd was an English composer that lived and
> died before Bach was born, and yet when I first heard his music, I was
> amazed at the similarities between their music.

Never heard of him! I am downloading some of his stuff by Gleen Gould,
sure I will like it...

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres  m. +34679156321
La media hostia           j. ivalladt@email-addr-hidden