Re: [LAU] Re: Foul Language

From: Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 02:36:26 EEST

On 4/9/07, Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> David Baron escribe:
> > I did not call Hendrix (yes, spelling counts) vulgar.
>
> He was far from being vulgar, but Hendrix is overrated in many
> circles. Many guitar players were as creative and cool as Hendrix in
> that era (Green, Beck, Santana, Clapton himself). Probably the problem
> with them is that they never burnt a guitar in scene or performed the

One of the things I like about Hendrix is that he sometimes played
things other than blues progressions. Check out Zappa's 'Variations
on the Carlos Santana Secret Chord Progression' from "Shut Up and Play
Yer Guitar" some time. lol
All the guys you mention are guitarists, but Jimi is a composer.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com