Re: [LAU] ADAT blackface and RME DIGI 32/8

From: Johan <mayouan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 12:26:00 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> i would just leave it at this setting. it will sync with the ADAT as
> long as the sync source is the ADAT connection (and not a S/PDIF one,
> for example).
>
> the behaviour does seem mysterious. it looks like a bug in the driver.
>
> --p

The incapability of selecting the forth alternative disappeared when I
changed

val = ucontrol->value.enumerated.item[0] % 3;

val = ucontrol->value.enumerated.item[0] % 4;

on line 1758.

That is probably a bug, but rme32.c has other mysterious parts like:

1731 uinfo->value.enumerated.items = 4;
1732 if (uinfo->value.enumerated.item > 3) {
1733 uinfo->value.enumerated.item = 3;
1734 }

I am not capable of debugging alsa drivers (yet) and there is likely to
be a reason why some one wrote it that way. I suspect that it has to do
with compability with RME 32 but this is probably out of the scope of
the LAU-list anyway.

Thanks.

Johan