Re: [LAU] Foul Language

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 12:48:46 EEST

On Tuesday 10 April 2007, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 21:52 +0100, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 10:36 +0300, David Baron wrote:
> > > Is it really necessary? Can we say the same thing in a nicer manner?
> > > Maybe a hundred posts one after another: That must suck, et al. I think
> > > folks of our intelligence and talent can do better.
> >
> > Since when is "suck" classed as "foul language"?
>
> Heh, no kidding... this thread is just hilarious. All this over
> "sucks"!
>
> Wow, guys. Just.... wow.
>
> -DR-
>

> P.S. This thread sucks

It reminds me of my highschool year in the U.S. When parents and children were
together no one used any "foul language", but when each of them were on their
own, all you would hear was "fuck", "shit", "damn", and "suck", regularly
used in normal conversation (though i have to admit that the kids used them a
little more often than the parents).

I often had to laugh about this :) It seemed so silly to me.

Regards,
Flo

P.S.: This thread sucks ass ;)

--