[LAU] jdelay

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 01:09:03 EEST

Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> I missed the start of this thread, so I don't know what exactly you
> want to do... If it's measuring the latency of you soundcard, just
> cocnnect line out to line in !

yes, just measuring latency, If I can get more info it does not hurt,
though.. - I just connected a mic to jdelay and jdelay's out to a mono
quaker, though now I do have a 3-way speaker but jdelay does not use the
bass..

i still can't get rid of the '??' or get a proper absolute value. tried
two sound-cards, two different speakers + one headphone and 3 different
Mics.. (damn it's the cable, just kidding) - all with the same result.

If i just "loop" back jdelay internally it reports jack_buffsize
correctly.- If i watch the signals with `meterbridge -tsco` I can get
the mic to "looks the same" as jdelay's output, but jdelay already
recognizes much lower signals..

how do I debug the issue? running jack -r48000 -n 2 and then jdelay

jack_bufsize: 64
 63250.894 frames ?? Inv
 63250.897 frames ??
 63250.897 frames ?? Inv

jack bufsize: 128
 63378.825 frames ??
 63378.833 frames ?? Inv
 63378.833 frames ??

jack bufsize: 256
 63635.066 frames ?? Inv
 63635.066 frames ??

jack bufsize: 512
 64146.942 frames ?? Inv
 64146.942 frames ??
 64146.920 frames ?? Inv

jack bufsize: 1024
 65218.893 frames ??
 65218.894 frames ?? Inv
 65218.890 frames ??

jack bufsize 2048:
  1874.796 frames ?? Inv
  1874.796 frames ??
  1874.801 frames ?? Inv

jack bufsize 4096:
  6018.986 frames ?? Inv
  6019.020 frames ??
  6019.035 frames ?? Inv

I guess the last two just wrap around at 65536..- it can't be a stupid
compiler flag, can it? - I always get an alternating Inv, no-Inv
pattern. well not always but >90%

robin