Re: [LAU] Thinkpad R60 for Audio Update - Firewire Conflicts with Audio

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 20:40:35 EEST

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 07:04:36PM +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:

> Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> > The ?? mean that jdelay doesn't trust the signal. This is confirmed
> > by the frequent polarity inversions - jdelay tries to find out
> > which of the two polarities is correct and can't decide.
> >
> > The reason could be either insufficient level (unlikely, as jdelay
> > can work with very noisy signals), or a frequency-dependent delay.
> > Jdelay uses phase measurements of a number of tones. The ?? mean
> > that the results are in contradiction. Try to verify the signal
> > path.
> >

> I'll try again with a proper setup! I've used a [left]-sennheiser
> headphone-speaker, and thinkpad's build-in mic ; and a Neumann Tube with
> the UA25.

I missed the start of this thread, so I don't know what exactly you
want to do... If it's measuring the latency of you soundcard, just
cocnnect line out to line in !

> anyway, I remember playing with a non '??' jdelay - around last summer.
> can that be? maybe it was aliki. how old is jdelay ? ;)

Several years now I think...

Aliki is something completely different (but you use to it measure
latency as well).

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !