Re: [LAU] Online resources/books for programming sound synthesis software?

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 15:53:51 EEST

On 4/12/07, Thomas Janu <chaos@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > The Jack examples are a great place to start looking at code. Also, I
> > wrote a howto for people writing Jack apps for the first time:
> >
> > http://www.dis-dot-dat.net/index.cgi?item=/jacktuts/starting/
> >

> That's already great, thanks a lot! ;)
>
> > I hope you get more sources in this thread, because I would like to
> > read more myself.
>
> More specifically I'm looking for commented code examples/tutorials on how
> emulate sound synthesis, so writing oscillators, filters and so on as well
> as
> nice examples of the ``big picture'' so that i can see how it's all put
> together
> to form a synth. That'd be really nice.
>
> Thomas

Have a look at some of the DSSI and LV2 synths/plugins. You could also
help out on some of the lv2 synths others are writing as then you can
get some help easily and have some direction from someone with a bit
more experience. I found this useful. You can also try implementing
some of you ideas in a modular like Ingen first.

Loki