Re: [LAU] Shooting at VT?

From: sam javor <zekthedeadcow@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 05:23:42 EEST

>Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>Terrible it's most probably not enough an expression. I'm afraid it's
>the biggest killing on a US campus?

I think the 'Bath School Disaster' (1927) is still the deadliest attack at a
US school... 45 killed 58 injured (mostly elementary school students) ...not
that we're looking to break records or anything.

As terrible as this is I have to say I'm impressed with the quick reaction
reported in the BBC article by some students that probably saved another 30
lives by quicly blocking their door and laying down to hold it shut. My
MOUT training is limited but I have to say, that was pretty on the ball for
college students...