Re: [LAU] Re: problems with Bristol on x86_64 SOLVED

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 17:46:01 EEST

>they both have the same name. They are, for example, 131:0 (Bristol / To
>Bristol) and 133:0 (Bristol / To Bristol).

That may be my fault. The two interfaces are for the engine and GUI
respectively, for the engine to accept note events and for the GUI also to
accept controller mappings. They should have different names but perhaps I
need to check what I am passing in the library.

>I had always thought that the second port was the lower manual of the
>Hammond, but is this really the GUI port?

Yeah, it should be the GUI. The dual manual synths (Hammond, Prophet-10 and
OB-Xa) all take a MIDI channel for one manual and the same channel '+ 1' for
the second manual or layer. This behaviour cannot be changed at the moment,
at least not without a compiler.

Regards,
Nick.