Re: [LAU] Announce to which list(s)? [was Re: WhySynth DSSI softsynth 20070418 release]

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 18:56:53 EEST

Sean Bolton wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
>> Sean Bolton escribe:
>>> Announcing the 20070418 release of WhySynth, a DSSI softsynth
>>> plugin.
>>
>> Isn't linux-audio-announce a more suitable mailing list for such
>> announcements!?
>>
>> (Anyway I am subscribed to both...)
>
> There was some discussion on this many months back,
> but no consensus came out of it that I could discern, so
> I just post to DSSI-devel, LAU, LAD, _and_ LAA. Which
> means many people get duplicates, but at least I'm
> not leaving people out. ;-)

It makes sense to x-post announcements on the linuxaudio.org lists.
only a minority is subscribed to more than one of the lists!

Please remember to an [ANN] tag in the subject of announcements!

subscribers to the linuxaudio.org lists - march 15 2007:
 LAU : 1315
 LAD : 966
 LAA : 560

LAA ^ LAU = 254
LAD ^ LAU = 447
LAD ^ LAA = 246
LAD ^ LAA ^ LAU = 198

2092 unique subscribers.

#robin
PS. the stats were done anonymously with md5-hashed email addresses.