[LAU] Alternative Fluidsynth Manager

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 00:53:17 EEST

Folks,

  Is there anything else out there than QSynth for managing fluidsynth
synths ?

  I run into too many bail outs from QSynth to be confortable and
trusting with it. Sometimes it'd just bail out when doing 'setup' on
the fifth instance of a synth, to load a soundfont.

  I might be tempted to write one. As far as I see it now, the
documentation for both fluidsynth and qsynth consist mostly of the
source code itself. Without even knowing how it works, I'd like to be
able to set at least the volume of each instrument inside a loaded
soundfont. qsynth has only a global volume for each instance of a sf.
But then, maybe that's calling for something like re-writing the sf
player altogether. It'd be also fun to have separate audio outputs for
each instrument coming out of a soundfont.

  In the meanwhile, is there any alternative soundfont player/manager
out there that's worthy of being stable and trustable ?

Cheers.