[LAU] CD sounds good, but text not written

From: Charles Linart <clinart@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 01:44:08 EEST

Hello,

Thanks to the kind help of this list, JAMin and Ardour are playing
nicely together on my system, and I mastered a decent sounding CD.
xcdroast (0.98alpha15 rpm version 4.4.2 on FC6) won't write the .inf
files it created. cdrdao doesn't do it either.

In xcdroast, when accepting the track layout, all the info is there --
song titles, artist, etc. "Write CD Text" is checked. The CD plays,
but the player displays "track-1, UNKNOWN ARTIST" instead of "Song
Name, Artist."

Same result with cdrdao using a .toc file.

Could it be a hardware/driver issue (tried both generic-mmc and
generic-mmc-raw w/cdrdao)? My burner is a LITE-ON Combo SOHC-3256V.
Any suggestions for ways around this or do I need new hardware?

Thanks in advance.