Re: [LAU] Coupled Delta 1010

From: Rick Wright <riwright@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 06:00:06 EEST

Pieter Palmers wrote:

> Petter Sundlöf wrote:
>
>> I am somewhat. It worked okay, but I had some weird issues regarding
>> runaway xrun callbacks. I used two 1010LTs synched via S/PDIF.
>>
>> Instructions are here:
>> http://sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html
>

> Has anyone ever measured the offset between the channels from
> different cards? And whether it is constant between 'sessions'?
>

> Pieter

Yes. I've measured the offset between the cards at 1 sample @ 48kHz. I
use John Rigg's & Doug McLain's work to sync (only) 2 1010LT's via
S/PDIF. My experience is that all channels within either card are
sample sync'd, but there is a time delay = 1/48000 sec (running 48kHz)
between any channel on card 1 to any channel on card 2.

I've not measured this across "sessions" as Pieter asks, but am fairly
confident this would not matter. But, I'm well equiped to take targeted
measurements on my setup if someone makes a strong argument for certain
test cases.

Rick