Re: [LAU] DIY or inexpensive MIDI Controller

From: Garett Shulman <shulmang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 17:48:44 EEST

Hi Daniel, The midrange PIC microcontrollers from Microchip come with
built in 10 bit A/D converters for interfacing with piezzo or FSR (force
sensing resistors) sensors as well as serial modules for midi io. They
are cheep, too. You will just have to figure out how to work with PIC
assembly. I guess you will also need a programmer... but there are lots
of web sites around for both DIY programmers & PIC assembly for MIDI.
-Garett