Re: [LAU] DIY or inexpensive MIDI Controller

From: Jeff Sandys <sandysj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 18:43:30 EEST

I plan on using the Arduino for this type of controller.
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/ArduinoMini
There is a nice PD interface built for it, that you could program a MIDI out
add on if you want to use the signals in something other than Pure Data.

Here is a project that used the Arduino to make a MIDI Drum Kit and Spooky
Sound Trigger:
http://todbot.com/blog/2006/10/29/spooky-arduino-projects-4-and-musical-arduino

IMHO the AVR controllers are more versatile than the PIC controllers and the
Arduino is designed as a simple i/o board suitable for DIY projects.

-- Jeff (another aerospace engineer)