Re: [LAU] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

From: David Froseth <dfro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 07:21:26 EEST

I went into the BIOS of my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 mobo and I changed the
PCI1 IRQ Assignment from "Auto" to "9". When I checked /proc/interrupts
, the ICE1712 us still at 74. Any ideas? Also the video card fits in
the PCI Express x16 slot. There is no IRQ Assignment option for this
slot in the BIOS. The command 'lspci -vvv' lists the nvidia card:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controtter: nVidia ...
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 15

The IRQ number 15 does not show in the /proc/interrupts file. Why? I do
not recognize any of the items in the /proc/interrupts list as being the
video card. 'lspci -vvv' also shows:

05:00.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA .... ICE1712 ...
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 74

It seems the BIOS change did not work on the sound card.

How can I find out if I have installed the low-latency kernel?

Thanks,
Dave