Re: [LAU] Alternative Fluidsynth Manager

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 12:31:14 EEST

Am Mittwoch, 25. April 2007 schrieb lanas:
> Le Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:41:17 +0100 (WEST),
> "Rui Nuno Capela" <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :
> > Probably related to this, fludisynth soundfont loader has a rather big
> > issue regarding memory leakage, so that each time you start a Qsynth
> > engine your RAM will get eaten up, progressively, in small amounts.
> > This is a fluidsynth flaw, not Qsynth's, and should be addressed to
> > the fluid-dev list, one more time :)
>
> Or maybe rewrite a soundfont player altogether.

Yeah, Paul Davis only talked about DAWs, so a new soundfont-player is much
easier! And there aren't enough different soundfont-formats available, you
will probably invent your own?

> Maybe things like
> having a separate volume control (at least -reverb and chorus could be
> fine also) for each of the 16 sounds that can be played inside a
> soundfont archive cannot be achieved with the current fluidsynth player.

I don't get your problem. fluidsynth reacts quite well on midi-control. Just
adjust the individual volume/pan/chorus/reverb with the corresponding
midi-messages and you will get what you want.
Why do you think it is easier to have that in a separate gui (like qsynth)
instead of being stored in your rosegarden/muse/<any other
midi-sequencer>-session?

Arnold

PS: My first paragraph is ironic...

--