Re: [LAU] Linux stickers for laptop

From: <michael@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 19:11:56 EEST

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Rob wrote:

> On Friday 27 April 2007 20:32, Ken Restivo wrote:
>> I want to plant a huge Tux sticker right in the center of the
>> laptop cover. It's a barebones so it has no markings of its
>> own; I get to put on my own. I've seen a logo of Tux wearing
>> headphones too, which I'd like to find.
>
> Don't listen to the naysayers.... your idea of using Tux is a
> great one. It may not be the best logo for an operating system,
> but after 11 years of use it's the only logo anyone who doesn't
> use Linux recognizes. I have a couple different T-shirts with
> Tux variations on them, one of which doesn't even say "Linux" on
> it, and every once in a while someone will come up to me and
> go, "So is that Linux thing any good?"

rob, you make a great point. the issue here is what is going to be most
recognizeable to the public, and what will stick in their minds and the day
after or the following week or month, and they will say to themselves "hey,
i'm going to look into that linux think that guy was using at that awesome
performance"...

speaking for myself, i would go with tux, with or without headphones, as big
as possible.

i wonder if the Creative Commons website has a suitable image. anyone looked
there yet?