Re: [LAU] Headphones

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 02:04:43 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:

> I've noticed that headphones comfort and sound quality is highly
> subjective. For 3 years now I've been happy with AKG K240... but I
> know some people dislike them. For me they are very comfortable and
> the sound is not at all tiring.

If I'm not mistaken (if I'm not actually thinking of something else), I
believe these phones (actually the modern replicas that are available
today) have been used for years by many sound engineers, especially in
the US. So many albums that people have been hearing over the years were
mixed with the help of such phones - then of course, when you listen
those records on these phones, they sound pretty good.
They've been superseded by newer technology, so nowadays they're pretty
cheap, but still they've been the professional standard for a long time.

If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/