Re: [LAU] Musix Kernels

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 15:31:51 EEST

On Monday 07 May 2007, Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> Sorry: I dont build kernels for Musix, but I used to think that they are
> realtime patched:
>
> cat /boot/config-2.6.21-rt1 | grep -i real
> # CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set
> CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_REALM=m
> # Real Time Clock
> CONFIG_REALTIME_CAPABILITIES=m
>
> marcos@email-addr-hidden[~]$ cat /boot/config-2.6.17-2-multimedia-486 | grep -i real
> # CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set
> CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_REALM=m
> # Real Time Clock
> CONFIG_SECURITY_REALTIME=m

These are more relevant:
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT_DESKTOP is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_SOFTIRQS=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_HARDIRQS=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT_BKL=y
# CONFIG_CLASSIC_RCU is not set
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU=y
CONFIG_RCU_TRACE=y

The PREEMPT_RT is the main thing of the "rt" patch.
The security realtime module is realtime-lsm. Setting this here has no effect
since it is not included in the sources but must be compiled seperately. I
think the put that here just to tell you it is (in their estimation)
obsolete. It still works and I do not have rlimits available.