Re: [LAU] Headphones - Update

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 23:09:21 EEST

Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2007 schrieb Bearcat M. Sandor:
> >Folderol wrote:
> >> In order to 'acclimatise' me ears, and check long term comfort, I
> >> listened to quite a few commercial CDs of songs I know well. The overall
> >> clarity was good, maybe too good. I hadn't realised just how many flaws
> >> there are in 'professionally' produced media. There was me trying to
> >> get rid of just one click in a track of my own work and some these had
> >> nests of them :(

And its so easy to remove these things in ardour :-P

> I'm experiancing the same thing with my new speakers. A week ago i picked
> up a set of Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1s and i am in love with my
> collection all over again. I too have noticed all sorts of things that the
> engineers didn't manage to fix, level changes etc. It's really exciting.

When I got my alesis monitor speakers I realised that the church organs in
bach's complete works actually also had the hiss from the pipes recorded. :-)

But the sennheisers I got as a gift aren't that bad either. Its just bad for
listening to compressed audio/video. You hear a lot more of the artefacts...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---