Re: [LAU] Headphones - Update

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 19:42:44 EEST

On Tue, 1 May 2007 03:08:37 +0400
Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> =========== On Tuesday 01 May 2007 Louis Acresti wrote: ===========
> > Is an arm and a leg under $130 USD?
> >
> > I bought a pair of AKG k240 studio semi-open headphones (cans) a few
> > months ago, and I've been really happy with them.
>

> I'm next with AKG-240 Studio. Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic are too colored
> to my taste (few of them I have tried). Fostex phones are neutral also but
> more costly.

Well after all, I decided to buy these on Friday, expecting them to
arrive today. To my utter astonishment the postman was knocking on the
door early Saturday morning!

I must say I am very pleased with them. They are very comfortable, with
a good strong, but clean bass response, something I am quite unused to
with headphones.

In order to 'acclimatise' me ears, and check long term comfort, I
listened to quite a few commercial CDs of songs I know well. The overall
clarity was good, maybe too good. I hadn't realised just how many flaws
there are in 'professionally' produced media. There was me trying to
get rid of just one click in a track of my own work and some these had
nests of them :(

A final surprise was that they perform really well with a little battery
operated headphone amp I made years ago. This runs on a PP3 battery,
but the phones were sensitive enough to really blast my lug 'oles if I
wanted to with out any sign of stress.

--
Will J G