Re: [LAU] Advice / Listeners needed

From: Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 13:26:53 EEST

Arnold Krille wrote:
> Should I go through the trouble of mixing and mastering again just to replace
> the violin?

no. but i'd prefer if it blended a little better with the mix - put it a
little bit to the back (softer, less presence, an extra dash of reverb
just for localisation and a very minor treble boost for the "shine".)
this in-your-face sound is probably what's spooking your violinist...

the fingerstyle guitar could be louder.

the percussion is to up-front for my taste as well. the low drum sounds
very close-miked and lacks a bit of punch. maybe less compression or a
different curve?

the overall arragement is a little weak in high frequencies (not a
problem with the mix, but with the lack of cymbals etc). the guitar
picking could provide some, to give the sound more "air", and also the
percussion.

just my .02€

--
jörn nettingsmeier
home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/