Re: [LAU] Advice / Listeners needed

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 14:31:46 EEST

Le Mer, 9 May 2007 21:39:01 +0200,
Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :

Moin moin,

  My two cents.

  As said elsewhere in the thread, the violin is a bit too much in the
forefront. And also, yes, the singer could use a bit more English
pronounciation, if that's the way the band has chosen to go. And this
also has been said, the percussions feels out of place because you have
there an absolutely square song music in which the oriental-like
percussion does not blend. Nothing else is supporting the percussions
so they are like stranded in their corner.

  On the meta level so to speak, since you mentionned that this song is
not in the mood for the album, perhaps they should put a song that is
more representative. Because, from the desert and the dunes they are
evoking on their web site and in their name one would think ah! there
are some Turkish Germans in there and the music must be a bit on the
oriental side of things ;-) I'm halfway joking. I mean, the song on
the internet is very opposite as what the name of the band and the text
suggests. There's not even any slight oriental harmony. This is a
square western (as in American) song in which suddenly some hand
percussions are making an appearance, pretty much out of context.

But then, perhaps this is what this kind of music is all about.

Tschüß,

Al