Re: [LAU] gentoo users help! Jack with freebob

From: mea <belgeler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 17:06:25 EEST

Thomas Kuther wrote:
> On Do, 17.05.07 15:49 mea <belgeler@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Thomas Kuther wrote:

>>> Ooops, freebob is not in main portage. It's in our pro-audio
>>> overlay.
>>>
>>> So do the following:
>>>
>>> emerge -av layman && layman -fa pro-audio
>>>
>>> Now HTH really,
>>> Tom

>> Thanks,
>> Should I remove the libfreebob I compiled by hand before I do that?
>> Best
>> M.
>
> Yes, as I guess yours is installed to /usr/local
>
> Theoretically your manual install should have worked too, as long jack
> did find libfreebob then. Was it recognized on configure?
> If yes, maybe even the ebuild method won't help - but it's worth a
> try, and better to maintain updates this way ;)
>
> Tom

Well, I am new to gentoo, and no idea if it recognized it during
configure. As I said before, I installed only libfreebob manually,
everything else was emerged. I also tried USE="libfreebob" emerge jack,
but it didn't help. Libfreebob is in /usr/local/lib, I even tried
linking it to /usr/lib but nothing. I'll try your suggestion as soon as
kde finishes compiling, thanks again
M,