Re: [LAU] Lash compatibility...

From: James <everamzah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 06:36:16 EEST

i second that. i have been going thru a lot of source code (i have it all on
my hd anyway, so might as well) in the hopes of picking up on how to
program. strange place to start i know. but important programs like ghostess
(which i realize isn't meant to be a full-blown dssi host, but is the best
"simple" option atm) really need to be lash compliant in order to be fully
usable.

of course, a wishlist could go on for ages so i'll stfu ;)

On 5/17/07, James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Just wondered if anyone has considered adding Lash compatibility
> to ghostess? It would really make seq24 an even more amazing
> program than it is already....
>
> It is a shame more linux audio apps have not picked up on lash.
> IMHO it is one of the key things preventing linux audio from
> steaming ahead of the competition..
>
> I would be more than happy to put in time to help with this, if
> there is anything I can do.. I am afraid my c skills are rather
> poor though, and I would not know where to start with this,
> unless someone could point me to some nice example code!
>
> Anyway, please don't read this post as moaning. It is just
> written with the earnest hope of improving the situation with
> linux audio.
>
> James

james/everamzah