Re: [LAU] building a debian system for audio

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 24 2007 - 13:35:32 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> I am very disappointed to hear that the Debian package is using
> SYSLIBS=1. This means that we will refuse to support any Debian users
> that have issues with Ardour. The Debian packager(s) have been told
> about this in the past, and we made the consequences of their choices
> clear.

Hmmm. being a long time debian user, this doesn't sound good to me.

Which distro would you recommend for pro audio work? How are studio64
doing in this area? How often is it released? Gentoo/proaudio overlay?
Slackware? I had rather disappointing experiences with rpm based systems
in the past, this might have improved, but I'd still rather avoid rpm
based systems...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte