Re: [LAU][ANN] Alsaplayer 0.99.79 and fftscope 1.0.4 released

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 27 2007 - 16:33:44 EEST

On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 02:18:41PM +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:

> and as soon alsaplayer appears in the screen, it begins to play the
> queue-files.
> this is for me mostly not useful, cause not often, starting alsaplayer i
> want to listen to that, what i listened yesterday.
> also, i think it could sometimes be dangerous, if alsaplayer begins to
> play himself, i would like to be able to make the decision about when
> alsaplayer starts to play by myself.

Same request here (as already posted to LAA and waiting for approval).
The auto start is really _never_ what I want. Same for the JACK ports.
Since I'm starting alsaplayer from a desktop icon, and don't want to
edit the command it executes every time I use it, and most of the time
I don't want the soundcard, the only usable option is to start without
any connections. But this seems impossible - even using -o jack -d ""
alsaplayer connects to the soundcard.

Other desirable features:

- Better resampling. When playing a 44.1 kHz file via JACK at 48 khz
  the result is, well, horrible...

- Support for multichannel playback via JACK.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !