Re: [LAU] JACK MIDI - where? how?

From: carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 07:59:22 EEST

On Sun Jun 03, 2007 at 09:55:15PM -0700, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

> On 3 June 2007 at 23:48, "Josh Lawrence" <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > I just downloaded dino, and it became pretty clear that I don't have
> > jack midi working. I'm running jack version 0.103.0 on debian sid.
> > is there a way to enable jack midi functionality to my existing jack
> > without having to pull the whole thing apart and put it back together?
>
> qjackctl has a MIDI tab. Is that of any use to you?

no, and neither is qjackctl. how do you get it to realize jackd is already running and therefore show the start button dimmed (so it doesnt error out trying to launch another one). wheres the input for a custom command string?

to get jack midi going, you can add jackmidi to your USE flags on gentoo. im not sure how to do it on debian - i guess you just hope they enabled midi in their binary, or compile it yourself?

to get jackd to see your alsa midi devices, you have to do some extra work. namely use http://subversion.jackaudio.org/jack/branches/midi/jack and add the -X flag to jackd initiation (i could only get raw working)