Re: [LAU] Skype and multiple sound cards ?

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 01:20:19 EEST

Florin Andrei wrote:

> I would like to use the USB preamp as the default output for everything
> (including Skype), and the onboard Intel chip as the microphone input
> for Skype. Any idea?
> Some tweaks to .asoundrc perhaps?

As an alternative, I wonder if it's possible to enable Skype to detect
the onboard card, while keeping everything else on the USB preamp.

This way I could continue to use the headphones connected to USB for
music, and I could just use the onboard sound card with a cheap
headphones / microphone combo just for Skype.

Actually, I think I prefer this version better. :-)

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/