Re: [LAU] Re: [LAA] Traverso 0.40.0 Released

From: Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 14 2007 - 00:14:49 EEST

On 6/13/07, lra4691@email-addr-hidden <lra4691@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Not to bash Ardour, but if the interface of Traverso is as superior as
> it seems, perhaps Ardour developers could learn a bit. I believe
> Ardour dev's should be focusing on improving the interface's
> responsiveness before adding new features, but everyone seems to be
> pushing for MIDI in the next release ;p

I suppose it depends on the goal, really. At first glance, Traverso
seems to be aimed more towards an audience of home users, with the
emphasis being on simplicity and an intuitive interface. Ardour is
intended for serious (i.e. professional) audio work, and therefore has
a correspondingly more complex interface.

-TimH