Re: [LAU] Problem with Lexicon Omega USB-Audio device

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 17 2007 - 14:59:53 EEST

Susanne Schneider wrote
> using two of four possible inputs with jack I'm able to run my standard
> apps like Ardour, Rosegarden, Hydrogen, Bristol, Qsynth with a minimal
> latency of 128 Frames/Period and 4 Periods/Buffer at 44100 Hz (=11,6 ms)
> without xruns -
> BUT(!): sometimes (seems to depend on the extend of use of plugins and
> synths), during recording after some minutes from the start an
> increasing crackling-noise occurs which makes my record unusable - jack
> reports no xruns at all!

i had a similar problem with an sblive, it started crackling like you
describe each 30 min or so depending on the jack settings. a post to the
jackdevel list revealed that the card was really working at 48kHz all
the time, and resampling in the case of 44, 22 or any other sample rate.
so, does the crackling occur periodically? if so, you might want to try
with 48, 96 or some other sampling rate.

> I then have to stop and close my apps, restart jack and start all new...
> a tedious biz...
> Searching the Internet I learned that my Audiocard may not be
> "devicecompliant" in terms of USB - whatever this means.

afaik the linux kernel supports any "devicecompliant" usb card, so if
it's not there's a fair chance you'll have problems.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org