Re: [LAU] Rosegarden, midi thru and stuck notes

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 12:35:56 EEST

On Friday 22 June 2007 09:32, Predrag Viceic wrote:
> I put Rosegarden in a loop and I play the master keyboard. The notes from
> the master keyboard are routed to the hardware synth by Rosegarden
> (midi-thru activated). If I play the note at the position near the end of
> the loop, and I release it on the begining of the loop, the note gets
> stuck.

I've been having some trouble with a few reports lately of stuck notes that I
haven't been able to reproduce, but I can reproduce this one -- thanks. I'll
look into it.

> One thing that i have noticed and which may be important to understand the
> issue: The metronome isn't working and when I go to the Metronome sub-menu,
> Rosegarden freezes (I must xkill it)

I think actually this is probably unrelated... can you get a stack trace?
Either running RG under gdb, or first setting "ulimit -c unlimited" and then
killing the stuck process with signal 11 and running gdb on the core.

Thanks,

Chris