Re: [LAU] Rosegarden, midi thru and stuck notes

From: Viceic Predrag <viceic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 09:36:56 EEST

Hi ,

Your patch did fix the bug..partially. I cannot reproduce stuck notes that
easy anymore, but if I loop a relatively short segment and then play
continuously on the keyboard (1-3 notes at the time), it's a matter of a few
seconds to get the stuck notes again.

Instead of not discarding the recorded note offs at the end of the loop, you
could keep the queue with all the note-ons, and remove events from that queue
on each _sent_ note-off. At the end of the loop, you could than send all the
corresponding note-offs (at that moment, in the note-on queue you have only
the events that didn't receive the note on yet), independently of what's
recorded or not..

But, IMO, this work should be done by alsaseq...

Concerning the metronome bug, I have attached the KCrash backtrace. It seems
it's only the display problem..do I need particular fonts to display
metronome window?

Cheers,

Predrag Viceic
http://freecycle.redsteamrecords.com