[LAU] Ext2 or Ext3 for Audio?

From: David Haggett <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 00:17:41 EEST

Just ordered a 320G sata hard disk to replace my increasingly noisy 40G IDE
disk (which is currently formatted with ReiserFS). I think I've read (here)
that ReiserFS isn't the best filesystem for audio work, but I would like to
retain journaling if possible.

Does ext3 play nice with an RT kernel, or is it the journaling that causes the
problems for ReiserFS

Also should I plan to convert existing partitions on another disk (my music
library) to ext3, or is it only the partitions actively used in audio work
that matter?

Many thanks in advance.

--
David Haggett