Re: [LAU] bit [OT]: How to attach running app to tty

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 09 2007 - 13:16:16 EEST

Hi Julien,

On Monday 09 July 2007 09:35:21 Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
> Does anyone know, if I can attach a running process to a tty? The problem
> is, when I use lash, my apps get restarted and run ok, but I can't really
> use them. I suppose with a GUI this is no problem, because there is only
> one screen.
> Anyway it doesn't work with shell-built-ins, because it's not the same
> old shell they get started in.
> Any ideas suggestions on this are highly appreciated.

the only way I know, is to use the program "screen".
screen starts a shell, to which you can reattach later.
so the procedure would be:

start screen
inside the screen shell start your program
exit the screen shell

and later
reattach to the screen shell and you are back into the program that you
started.

sincerely,
Marije