Re: [LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 16:37:03 EEST

On Fri, July 13, 2007 14:54, Dragan Noveski wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>

>> This deserves some debugging. Are willing to help?
>> 1) rebuild with ./configure --enable-debug && make
>> 2) ulimit -c unlimited
>> 3) ./qjackctl
>> 4) *make-it-crash* (core dumped)
>> 5) gdb ./qjackctl core
>>

>> Tell me what you find.
>>

> hi, the version 0.3.0.5 is crashing here regularly when the connection
> window is open.

Thanks Dragan.

However I'm still failing to reproduce these crashes here. It sure is
related to the connections item tooltips, as at least one other user has
reported and posted a very identical trace.

Please, I need you to tell me some more: is it just a matter of hovering
the mouse pointer in the connections window panes? does it crash regularly
on all connections tabs, ie. Audio, MIDI and ALSA, or just one in
particular?

There is a certain workaround to fix this, though, about getting rid of
the client/port items tooltips altogether: just comment the whole body of
qjackctlConnect::eventFilter() function, leaving in only the last return
statement (qjackctlConnect.cpp, lines 815-840). Not a nice fix I may say
:(

All you fellows that are currently experiencing similar crashes should
raise your hands and tell what in the world you have in common to make
this happen like so. Please?

Thanx

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela