Re: [LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 18:45:22 EEST

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> Thanks Dragan.
>
> However I'm still failing to reproduce these crashes here. It sure is
> related to the connections item tooltips, as at least one other user has
> reported and posted a very identical trace.
>
> Please, I need you to tell me some more: is it just a matter of hovering
> the mouse pointer in the connections window panes? does it crash regularly
> on all connections tabs, ie. Audio, MIDI and ALSA, or just one in
> particular?
>
> There is a certain workaround to fix this, though, about getting rid of
> the client/port items tooltips altogether: just comment the whole body of
> qjackctlConnect::eventFilter() function, leaving in only the last return
> statement (qjackctlConnect.cpp, lines 815-840). Not a nice fix I may say
> :(
>
> All you fellows that are currently experiencing similar crashes should
> raise your hands and tell what in the world you have in common to make
> this happen like so. Please?
>
> Thanx

Crashes appear as soon as the mouse pointer is hovering above any item
in any of the connections panes for more than about one second (not in
the MIDI-pane here, but it is empty in my case).
When the pane-tooltip is already visible and i move the pointer above an
item the crash occurs immediately.
If i am fast i can mark or expand things without crash.

So I can just confirm its tooltip-related - crash instead of tooltip.
The pane-tooltips work, its just about the item ones. I checked possibly
all others, they all show up.

debian testing, evilwm, version of qt4 is 4.3.0-2+b1, jackd 0.103.0-6

I try to raise my hand but sadly do not (yet) know what we crashers have
in common.
Tell me if i can give other information that might be relevant.

good luck,