Re: [LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 23:31:08 EEST

David Adler wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Dragan.
>>
>> However I'm still failing to reproduce these crashes here. It sure is
>> related to the connections item tooltips, as at least one other user has
>> reported and posted a very identical trace.
>>
>> Please, I need you to tell me some more: is it just a matter of hovering
>> the mouse pointer in the connections window panes? does it crash
>> regularly
>> on all connections tabs, ie. Audio, MIDI and ALSA, or just one in
>> particular?
>>
>> There is a certain workaround to fix this, though, about getting rid of
>> the client/port items tooltips altogether: just comment the whole
>> body of
>> qjackctlConnect::eventFilter() function, leaving in only the last return
>> statement (qjackctlConnect.cpp, lines 815-840). Not a nice fix I may say
>> :(
>>
>> All you fellows that are currently experiencing similar crashes should
>> raise your hands and tell what in the world you have in common to make
>> this happen like so. Please?
>>
>> Thanx
>>
> Crashes appear as soon as the mouse pointer is hovering above any item
> in any of the connections panes for more than about one second (not in
> the MIDI-pane here, but it is empty in my case).
david is right, as i see now, the crash appears always when mouse is not
moving but being placed over any of clients name.
no matter if i try this in audio, midi or alsa tab.
> When the pane-tooltip
what is the 'pane-tooltip'?
> is already visible and i move the pointer above an item the crash
> occurs immediately.
> If i am fast i can mark or expand things without crash.
>
> So I can just confirm its tooltip-related - crash instead of tooltip.
> The pane-tooltips work, its just about the item ones. I checked
> possibly all others, they all show up.
>

> debian testing, evilwm, version of qt4 is 4.3.0-2+b1, jackd 0.103.0-6
i am usind debian testing too, fluxbox, the same qt4 and
jackd-0.103.0-selfcomiled binary.

cheers,
doc