Re: [LAU] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.0 (unstable-qt4) has been released!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 14 2007 - 22:00:46 EEST

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> Dragan Noveski wrote:
>> David Adler wrote:
>>> debian testing, evilwm, version of qt4 is 4.3.0-2+b1, jackd 0.103.0-6
>> i am usind debian testing too, fluxbox, the same qt4 and
>> jackd-0.103.0-selfcomiled binary.
>>
>> cheers,
>> doc
>>> I try to raise my hand but sadly do not (yet) know what we crashers
>>> have in common. Tell me if i can give other information that might be relevant.
>>>

> It seems to me that this libqt4-gui_4.3.0-2+b1 from debian testing
> (lenny) is the one common denominator in these reported tooltip crashes.
>
> I've been testing on debian etch, where its libqt4-gui_4.2.1-2+etch1
> have no issues re. these crashes and any other, fwiw :)
>
> Would it be too troublesome if at least one of you could regress to Qt4
> 4.2.1 as in etch ? Unless you really need it for the latest
> bleeding-edge KDE4, there's no real need to have Qt 4.3 atm. But you
> tell me if it's OK in checking this out just for the peace of (my) mind.

Forget this last question.

I have certified on my own, and beyond any reasonable doubt, that
_it_is_ libqt4-gui_4.3.0-2+b1 on debian testing that is the culprit.

Taking advantage of the snapshot feature of virtualbox, I've taken the
chance to upgrade from debian etch to testing (lenny) and the reported
crashes suddenly start pouring :(.

Back in debian etch, libqt4-gui_4.2.1-2+etch1 all goes well and sane, as
suspected.

Thanks anyway.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela