Re: [LAU] A new song using Qsynth/Steinway IMIS, Ardour, Zynaddsubfx on Musix

From: Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 18:32:15 EEST

El Lunes, 16 de Julio de 2007 16:31, Peter Hartmann escribió:
 | Nice one!

Thanks

 | i really like the interlude section, especially where it
 | goes to 4 minor before the 'pink-floyd-ie' part.

hehe

A 1:36 begins the 'pink-floyd-ie' part, so 1:32 is the 4 minor, yes

 | But i think 4-major
 | to 4-minor is the best chord change there is. :)

Maybe, I like it, I think I dont use it too much

I forgot about some technical detail: the mastering was just a "fast lookahead
limiter" LADSPA plugin used on Audacity... maybe I should expand the stereo
effect by using Jamin, I dont know.

But, the only thing I know about mastering is that I dont want a "loudness
war" song.

Cheers,

 | Peter
 |
 | On 7/16/07, Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
 | > Marcos Guglielmetti escribió:
 | > > Download from:
 | > > http://www.musix.org.ar/ogg/tmp/Miles_de_lagos_MF7_master+6db.ogg
 | > >
 | > >
 | > > Hi,
 | > >
 | > > This is my first song using the Freepats's Steinway IMIS soundfont
 | > > (ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix/sf2/Steinway_IMIS2.2), and my
 | > > second one recording my acoustic drum live (not hydrogen sencuenced),
 | > > the Colombo one.
 | > >
 | > > Mixer console: Phonic MU 802
 | > >
 | > > I used 5 mics for the drum, but all the drum went into the 2 channels
 | > > on my SB Live! soundcard, I splited the bassdrum and snare from the
 | > > rest of it:crash,ride, and toms.
 | > >
 | > > The acoustic guitar it is a Mirr's made in China, recorded from line
 | > > and mic, the MIDI keyboard controler it's a Kawai Spectra (i hate it).
 | > >
 | > > I used a SAMSON C 05 condenser Mic to record all I could: voices,
 | > > guitars, ambient (drums).
 | > >
 | > > The bass and some distorted guitars are from Zynaddsubfx (attached).
 | > >
 | > >
 | > > uname -a
 | > > Linux Musix 2.6.21.5-rt18 #2 SMP PREEMPT RT Fri Jun 29 19:55:08 EEST
 | > > 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
 | > >
 | > > Total number of Ardour's tracks:19
 | > >
 | > >
 | > >
 | > > Well, and, oh, the Lyric:
 | > >
 | > >
 | > >
 | > >
 | > > "Miles de lagos en mi mente, esperan tu voz
 | > > y cuando llegue, será un rio
 | > >
 | > > Hago cosas para que la gente venta a mí, pero yo nunca iré hasta vos
 | > > Soy como un equilibrista que hace los trucos que te gusta ver y oir,
 | > > oh Y cuando llegues, no hará frío
 | > >
 | > > Puede el primer pétalo de primavera alcanzar mi pecho y descansar
 | > > En el bosque me he dormido y unas aves han dejado un nido en tu lugar.
 | > > Y cuando llegues, me habré ido."
 | > >
 | > > Maybe a Google traslation coudl help :-P
 | > >
 | > >
 | > >
 | > > Hope you like it.

     `&'
      #    Marcos Guglielmetti, co-director de
      #   Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre para artistas
     _#_       http://www.musix.org.ar
     (#)
    / O \    + archivos: ftp://musix.ourproject.org/pub/musix
   ( === )   Ecología: http://autosus.wordpress.com
    `---'    Personal: http://marcospcmusica.wordpress.com
"La libertad está en ser dueños de la propia vida."
Aristóteles