Re: [LAU] Re: [Jack-devel] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.1a (unstable-qt4) crash-fix released!

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 23 2007 - 00:52:06 EEST

Dragan Noveski wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

>>> hi rui,
>>>
>>> it seems that the crash related to the qt4-debian-testing
>>> (v4.3.0-2+b1) is
>>> resolved here now. at least, qjackCtl does not crashes that way
>>> anymore!
>>>
>>> i ll make the v0.3.0a the default on my system now (keeping the last
>>> qt3
>>> installed too!), so i can see if there will be another problems with
>>> it.
>>>
>>> in the moment i can say that the v0.2.23 is working "faster" than the
>>> 0.3.0a.
>>>

>> You mean 0.3.1a, right?
>>
> for sure..
>>

>>> by "faster" i mean, that mostly it is taking lot of time (1-2 seconds)
>>> until clicking at the 'connect' button and the connection gets done.
>>> the
>>> same with disconnecting. even only clicking the clients name, it needs
>>> seconds until the name gets 'marked' (blue).
>>>

>> Perhaps there's something edgy in your setup.
>>
>> For instance, and speaking out of recent experience, while starting with
>> JACK MIDI "seq" driver (-Xseq).
>>
>> It has been noted that there's some misbehavior regarding the alsa-seq
>> client (dis)connections either on the MIDI or/and the ALSA connections
>> tabs.
>>
>> Are you referring to this ones alone or the said slowness also
>> applies to
>> Audio client/port (dis)connections?
>>
> it seems the hole gui thing is slower, then qt3 build.
>>

>>> is someone else experiencing this behaviour?
>>>

>> me at least, not at all.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> i ll try changing qt4 v-lenny with the stable one (4.2.1..) and see if
> this is again a debian-lenny-qt4 issue.
>

> cheers,
> doc
ok, i just replaced the debian-lenny version of qt4 with the
debian-stable one, and really qjackctl gui responses much better and as
fast as usually.

so it is again the 4.3.0-2+b1 debian-version issue here.
what about the other debian-lanny users, can someone realize some
slownesses with qjackctl0.3.1a and qt44.3.0-2+b1 combined?

cheers,
doc

cheers,
doc