Re: [LAU] Ati driver installation for low latency kernel (Kubuntu)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 13:43:14 EEST

Am Dienstag, 31. Juli 2007 schrieb Matthias Schönborn:
> My problem is as follows: On my notebook I have installed Kubuntu, and for
> my everyday work I use a generic kernel, because the low latency kernel
> would drain too much power, so that the battery would be empty very soon.
> For recording I use a low latency kernel.
<snip>
> Can anyone help me solve the issue, or does someone know a workaround? I
> would be most gratefull!

The solution is rather simple: Use one kernel for both! It is no problem
configuring a kernel for low latency and low power consumption at the same
time. I am using such a kernel successfully.

Simply select the right cpufreq-daemon and other parameters during runtime.
Either by scripts reacting on acpi's signal of the power-plug or by
laptopmode-daemon or by own scripts and manual selection.

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---