Re: [LAU] Reverb status?

From: <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 19:12:55 EEST

On Thu Aug 2 15:56 , Arnold Krille sent:

>Am Donnerstag, 2. August 2007 schrieb eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden:
>
>> If I could afford a Lexicon reverb unit per track
>
>> I'd buy a bunch of those and use them outboard and not worry about the
>
>> plugins.
>

>Do you really want to use a different reverb on each track? At least if you
>
>are recording music from real instruments I find it very disturbing when each
>
>instrument has its own virtual room. Putting them all in one or two rooms
>
>with different fractions sounds (to my ears) much nicer.

    Yes. When I'm playing live I use more reverb than the other guitarist. The
bass player uses less. The drummer wants different reverb settings per mic. At
the end of a recording session I may add an overall (slight reverb) but every
instrument has a different amount and (sometimes) type of reverb. BTW, I really
like your signature blurb ;-)

Jan

---- Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net_______________________________________________