[LAU] Portable sampler, suitable for children?

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 10 2007 - 17:07:26 EEST

Hello. A few months ago we discussed about audio software that
are suitable for children. I was interested in a portable sampler
for similar purposes, but I don't remember anyone suggesting
anything.

Now I found BOSS' SP-303 (Dr. Sample). Can this be connected to
Linux for the sample and pattern upload/download? Does any
Linux software recognize the formats used by this gear?

What alternative devices are available? For the same or lower
price.

The Linux connection seems to be needed as the device is
a sampler. In Linux I could, e.g., create a set of sounds with
a software synth.

Juhana